Saturday, September 05, 2015

There are no words to describe the view that lies before me. It is a landscape so foreign to me that I feel an alien in a country I have chosen to adopt me for the foreseeable future. Despite my yearning for adventure, I truly feel out of my depth in a world so vastly different from my own, but I'm learning. 

There are strange sights, smells and sounds every moment of every day; it is a sensory overload and I constantly feel overwhelmed by the newness of it all.

But I love it. 

I cannot explain the love I have for my life, and how grateful I am for this opportunity ~ the Far East is a delicate flower waiting to unfurl, with a hubbub of life at it's centre that is almost impossible to penetrate. 

The words that spring to mind are gaudy, ostentatious, luxurious, unbelievable, eccentric and foreign. Even my time in the City of a Hundred Spires or the Antipodes didn't prepare me for the onslaught of strangeness that the Orient has to offer. It is truly like nowhere else in the world, and I cannot express my love for this experience enough, though I have only been here a fortnight.

To be so far away from home and so joyously uncomfortable is a sensation I would highly recommend ~ travelling and learning to love somewhere new is an incomparable lesson that we should all be so lucky to learn. 

Travel darlings, travel. 



D. S.

No comments:

Post a Comment