Thursday, February 12, 2015

A lot is going to change in the next few days, and once again I am in the midst of many goodbyes. No I have not packed my bags and left for some untravelled lands, but rather another chapter is coming to a close. My current position is in a turmoil and I have somewhere new to go, which of course means goodbyes. I have only been in my current position for a few shorts months but there is nothing like routine to make you realise that there are some wonderful people in the world and I am so grateful to everyone I have met. 

Travel is still on the forefront of my mind (and I know that I've said that more than once) and I have taken up learning what I can about the Orient. The language and culture are most fascinating and there's nothing more that I'd love to do than travel distant lands with my other half, the Duke of Albany. 

Indeed another holiday is looming, one that I've written about many times before, and it is a holiday dedicated to love. Love is an ever changing priority in one's life. As a child you think only of the love of yourself, having had it so freely given by parents and family. As you get older and desire men or women, you realise that love can mean power and games and lust and can hurt so much you feel like you can't breathe. 

Then as time passes, eventually you get to know love, and you can caress the emotions that you've got used to over the years and can greet love like an old friend. This love, this comfortable love where passions can ignite as quickly as they long to hold your hand, is a love worth knowing, a love worth waiting for. 

This Valentine's Day I hope that those I love feel appreciated and tell their loved ones how much they mean to them. For that is how I intend to spend my weekend... After I've said my goodbyes. 


D. S.

No comments:

Post a Comment