Saturday, April 25, 2015

I did say I was looking forward to the adventures Dearne Valley would surprise on me, and I have to admit that it has been exciting than I thought it would be. 

Living with four elder members of the opposite gender is surely not everyone's cup of tea, but it seems to suit me quite nicely. They are each of high esteem, reputable (though not necessarily in a genteel way) and complete gentlemen. I am honoured to have them treat me with such reverence and respect that I have not seen since my younger days when I was considered a damsel in distress. I have not lost any of my independence, but there is a courteousness that borders on chivalry in these Northern parts that I believe has long since disappeared down South. 

The Duke and I have been in regular correspondence though I have little time to myself what with my communal living arrangements and the role that has taken over my life. I am looking forward to next weekend when I shall return to the Shire for a Spring music festival. It has been two years since I last showed my face with everyone around me, so the prospect of music and dancing with my closest friends brings a smile to my face. 

In other news, the Far East is calling my name with a stubbornness I haven't been able to shake off. Who knows, maybe I shall answer it with three little letters... Y. E. S. 



D. S..

No comments:

Post a Comment