Wednesday, September 17, 2014



What a difference a few days can make. I have had the time to myself to gather and collect my thoughts so that I can prioritise what is most important to me (the Duke and my writing) as well as the responsibilities I now carry as a Lady-in-Waiting

There is nothing so wonderful as having an organised mind and knowing exactly what it is and where it is you want to go next. I have to admit, the novelty of this feeling hasn't yet worn off ~ which is something that is prone to happening ~ and for the first time I can remember I am enjoying the calm that comes with order. 

The Duke of Albany is away (again) on one of his ventures about the Embassy. He is talking about having his family travel over for the Christmas festivities from Bohemia. Though they were more kind to me than I ever expected them to be, I can't imagine how my Royal Family would react to my asking for a retinue of hundreds to turn up at their door. I have explained the difficulties in logistics to the Duke, but he is more stubborn than I, and has vowed to find a way.

If he can make it happen, then so be it.

I need to catch up with my correspondences; there is a festival in the park this weekend and I want to invite Belle to promenade the stalls with me. I haven't seen her in over a fortnight, which is abominable considering we live nigh on a few miles from each other. I shall indeed write to her, post haste. 

Other than making the most of all I have to do with my new position and learning to cope with the living arrangements between the Duke and myself (it is more fun than I anticipated for I was a little concerned, and though we argue, they are but a trifle compared to when we were apart) there is not much to report. 

This festival shall hopefully increase any dampened spirits, and I hope to maybe have an invite to a Ball in the near future. Oh, how I long to dance again!



D. S.

No comments:

Post a Comment