Sunday, September 21, 2014

Tomorrow shall be something completely different to what I am used to, but unfortunately it is not something I can write about. Discretion, as I mentioned at the beginning of the month, is paramount, and I enjoy my position far too much to want to give anything away at the moment. Just know this, it shall pave the way for many, greater opportunities and I hope to learn a lot. 

Another weekend is drawing to a close and I am grateful to note the Duke and myself have barely spent any time apart. He hasn't made any comments about the whereabouts of the new embassy directly, but he has hinted at many different locations within the city. It is ever so intriguing to be somewhat a part of political change. 

True, we have to still discuss our plans of the ever looming Christmas festivities (I personally think it is too early to even think of the occasion as we have not yet had the (dis)pleasure of All Hallow's Eve) but the Duke is determined to invite his family over from Bohemia. 

It isn't that I am not fond of his family, quite the opposite really! Nevertheless I would much rather return to Bohemia and make the most of what little time I have to travel now that I have committed myself to a vocation. I'm sure there is at least the one ulterior motive that I am unaware of, and honestly I don't need to have a reason, I would just like to understand the logistics.

Poor Belle has been feeling under the weather and warned me away from her, so I haven't had a chance to see her, nor was I able to send anything to make her feel better. I hope she recovers soon enough because there are days and nights aplenty for when her presence would be sorely desired. 

I am looking forward to the coming of the new week. New challenges shall arise and as always I intend to meet them head on. 



D. S.

No comments:

Post a Comment