Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Weeks go by and nothing changes in my life but one weekend is enough to make quite the difference. 

I returned to the Shire to celebrate my Father's birthday and to reunite with my wonderful brunette and a gentleman or two from home. We sang and we danced and we made light of some very deep conversations and topics, but I wouldn't expect anything less (or more) from my darlings in the Shire. From Christmas half a decade past, though we have all gone our separate ways, it seems that not enough changes when we are all reunited! But it is somewhat reassuring to think that our friendships have spanned and survived through the passing of time.



I left the Duke of Albany behind, not because of any quarrel but because he sought some time alone to organise our Christmas and winter festivities. I had wanted to take charge myself but was refused that privilege, being told to enjoy the unknown. 

Africa is completely off the cards as Father has discovered that he has other commitments which means he cannot take the time off. My brother has also claimed to be too busy and though I am somewhat disappointed, I'm excited to think of what the Duke may be planning. Most people know how much I do enjoy a surprise, and I've never before allowed a man to take this much control. 

We've talked about the Duke's family coming to the Shire but it seems there is fear of an abundance of snow and to be trapped worlds apart from your home is not something I wish to inflict on any family or friends of mine. So Christmas itself will be spent with my family and friends but the New Year is his to create an everlasting memory.

Anyway, I have returned to the Northern counties for a fortnight of winter festivities (though I have been unfortunate enough to lose my voice!) and to keep the masses entertained. I look forward to what the future has to hold!



D. S.

No comments:

Post a Comment