Monday, May 19, 2014

How long ago it feels since I last wrote, yet it has only been a week! Surely not?! I would never have presumed so much could occur in the space of seven days, but that has been the case for me.

I visited the wonderful Capital of my home and as always London had much to offer, not least the gorgeous sunshine the Duke of Albany and I were subjected over the whole weekend. Though my travelling across the Continent was less than pleasant, (I'd rather ignore it and not mention it again - let's just say the words 'infant' and 'projectile' - and yes, I'm still recovering!) I was delighted to be in the arms of my lover for a few nights.

It was a truly delightful weekend; the Duke and I soiréed with the crème de la crème of international society as we laughed and joked and made plans for the summer. Of course having the sun shine over head does make all the difference - I have heard from Jeeves that Bohemia was unfortunately under a grey cloud that spewed a spattering of rain throughout the weekend. But London was its ever joyous and rambunctious self, though I was rather restrained for a change. I would like to say that's because I have turned over a new leaf ever since I turned the ripe old age of twenty four, and though that may be the case, I know it was because I couldn't stand to be away from the Duke for longer than necessary.



It gives me the greatest pleasure to know that he loves me with a fervour I had never even imagined. We wandered the gardens of St James and basked in the glory of the splendid Buckingham Palace. For the first time my heart sank at the thought of having to return to Bohemia, especially without my Duke. I'm glad I have finally found it possible to say goodbye to Bohemia with good grace, rather than leaving apprehensively.

I'm still all of a titter after spending time with the Duke and I'm very sure that nothing I've written makes much sense. I blame being in love. It's the best and worst feeling in the world, but I wouldn't exchange it for the world!! However I have been given certain tasks I have to complete before I take over my Royal Charge when the Duke and I move up North... When I am going to find the time I shall never know, but I suppose I can sleep when I'm dead... How morbid! No, indeed I shall make the most of the four weeks I have left and begin now.

[sig.jpg]

D. S. 

No comments:

Post a Comment