Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Considering my plans were to stay with friends further south just for the weekend, it brings a rue smile to my face to write this from the same bed I have been sleeping in for over a week! Or rather one of the two beds that I have been making my own.


I couldn't leave after just a weekend, the sun was shining and as always there is much to be done! We have travelled around the glorious landscapes and seen some of the most fascinating aspects of nature. The Antipodes are forever changing, as if they are not quite settled. It isn't anything like my Shire, which is cool and calm, like an old man staring out of the window of his home, looking down at everything he owns, content with his decisions. 



Not too long ago, maybe three days, before our travelling, a singer was welcomed into our home, to entertain us as we talked of many things. The friends I have here are from all over the world, none of whom would fit in with my friends in the City of Sails, and possibly not even in the Shire. They are philosophers, learned people from the Promised Land, from the Polynesian Islands and even from Africa, and I adore spending time with them, listening to their ideas and combining our cultures.


The night the singer arrived however, their was more than just a combining of cultures... Wine was drunk, though not so much that we didn't know what we were doing. Only enough to gain courage. One of the gentlemen from the Promised Land has the most beautiful eyes but though we are close he does not court nor try to impress me the way that most men do. He is more matter of fact, and does not question my decisions. 


I nearly had to question him though when he brought the singer into our boudoir, and proceeded to undress her even before I had consented. But before I could say anything the singer had started undressing me with ease, and the gentleman whispered in my ear, 'this is clearly not your first time...'


How he knew I can only guess, but we have talked of many things, sexuality included. I feel safe when I'm with my philosophers for they do not judge, they only expect you to accept the consequences of your decision.


I am only here for a few more days, I am making the most of the time that I have. There is nothing that I regret... At the moment. Nothing more. 





D. S.

2 comments:

  1. Really 3 things this time dear Duchess: #1 The Antipodes sound like a wonderful place, and I don't even know where they are, or anything about them. But I am learning thru your writings. They must be like a fantasy-land! #2 I too love to spend time in the company of philosophers, philosophizing, solving the world's problems. Its almost like sitting around a table with Plato, Aristotle, and Socrates, for a chat about what's wrong in the world and how to fix it. I see you too enjoyed "listening to their ideas and combining our cultures." #3 I feel like I've taken a secret and quite illegal peek into Ur personal diary, when you weren't looking! How exciting! What an honest and beautiful and sensual description of your boudoir encounter. So very well-written, fondly memorized by you, leaving much to the reader's imagination! Such an exciting time you are having! My God, if I could be in your shoes, young again, experiencing everything, each day, as tho it were totally new. Enjoy this dear Duchess; life changes happen. I can only imagine what fun you are having. Good for you! - Ellen -or- @bayviewgirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Dear Duchess, I think you would probably love following @faris007 on twitter. He's US military, has been deployed many times, many places, is quite the philosopher, and is very knowledgeable in world cultures, religions, traditions, practices from around the globe. He is a lovely tolerant person, American-middleEasterner I believe. And he is, how shall I put this, *special*. He has remarkable stories. I can sit for hours just listening, if he has the time, which right now he doesn't. He's about to be deployed again, to Afghanistan. So please don't be disappointed if you follow, and don't hear right back. He's told me he'll be away for awhile, doesn't know for how long. But please do follow Duchess. I think you two would get on splendidly. I love every second of time I get to spend talking with him. Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete