Tuesday, May 03, 2011

How time does fly!


I have already returned to the North, and it has only just occurred to me that I have two months left here, only two! It is going to take a lot of effort on my part, not to reminisce every time I begin to write. For three years I have made the journey to the Northern counties and although it is my home and I adore the countryside, I can't really imagine living in the Shire indefinitely!


I suppose I will have to start planning my future at some point.


Speaking of planning... Well, my early birthday celebrations over the weekend were incredible! The days were spent singing and dancing in the glorious sunshine while the nights consisted of games and champagne. What more could one ask for?


My Ladies and I even tried our hand at baking while the Lords tried their best to teach us how to gamble. I don't think Lady Luck was smiling on me though! 



Actually, maybe she was, for there is no longer any concern necessary for the vain Peacock of a gentleman. Not only have I left the Shire and left him to his own shallow devices, but I was terribly affronted by his assumption that his attentions would serve him favourably!

He is charming, he is handsome, he is insufferable. 

Three days was all it took for the act to become boring. Though I'm not sure there is any more to his façade, which makes me wonder if this attempt at Don Juan may not be an act?


It is no matter, for I don't have to think about him any longer.


Someone else who also falls into that category is the Scottish Earl. I surprised myself with my restraint for I never saw him while I was at home in the Shire. He made many attempts and I made many more excuses. He's a sweetheart and I do not wish him ill, but I was just not in the mood for an unfeeling rendezvous, at least on my account.


I'm really looking forward to seeing the Brewer, Gameskeeper, coxswain and Belle. Oh and the musician, I can't deny that either. The Brewer it seems, has been working terribly hard on a new ale which débuts today and I can't wait for the celebrations! 


The only other noteworthy incident was a rumour that I heard from one of my Ladies; apparently a certain Ambassador, one of whom I have never met, has been making enquiries about me... Not sure what to make of this, but no doubt he will make his interest, or even presence known at some point.


Adieu.








D. S.

1 comment:

  1. Joseph Wright of Derby6 May 2011 at 11:40

    Soft fuchsia glows suffused into an ebbing backdrop of light merry conversation, shouts and ejaculatory guffaws interspersed the murmuring that beat like a racing heart; a tumbler smashed on the floor. Harmonic tinkles rang out through the gallery and a raucous cheer, in one of those resigned and somewhat forced tones united the guests in a call of familiarity. It was twenty past the eleven, the candles of joy and civility had begun to flicker.

    ReplyDelete