Sunday, January 04, 2015

It is comforting to return to a place that you can call your own. The Duke of Albany and I have returned to the northern counties after our winter jaunt in Bavaria and it is almost a relief to be back somewhere where I am in control. As much as I love travelling, and that cannot be denied, it is delightful to enjoy a cup of hot cocoa in front of the fire in your favourite chair with your lover beside you.


Bavaria was inspirational as I have once again started writing for the renowned publisher, and though last year I made some impressive leaps forward in relation to this past time of mine, I didn't write with the same ferocity as when I lived in Bohemia. I know fair well that this is because of my current position of Lady-in-Waiting which takes up the majority of my time, and though I love what I do, it doesn't speak to my soul the same way that writing does.

The Duke and I have talked about what to do once my training as Lady-in-Waiting has completed this summer... We have both mentioned the Convent where we have spent time together, and though we both enjoy the break it gives us, there may be other opportunities further afield. It is far too early to make promises now... We have six months of gruelling work ahead of us before we can even begin to make provisions for the future.

Personally, I would once again travel abroad, to experience another lifestyle and discover another culture. The Antipodes and Bohemia were both so fascinating in their very different ways and I am not yet ready to stay in one place forever.

Forever is a very long time...



D. S.

No comments:

Post a Comment